Measuring a loudspeaker close to a wall

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've taken some measurements of an in-wall speaker I built. The measurements are taken at about 5" from the speaker. The speaker and the microphone are about 18" away from a side wall. The speaker measurements consistently have a hump in them from about 300hz to about 500hz, peaking at 400hz, with a magnitude of about 5dB. I did some calculations and it seems like the the wavelength@375Hz is ~36" (2 * 18"). Is this causing the peak in the measurement?

I liked it just fine, however, it didn't answer my question. I will probably try this after I install the drivers in the baffle again (i'm taping and paint it into the wall presently). I posted it here to get additional insight from users who may frequent this forum, but not the other. Did you care for the reply? Any additional insight to offer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.