Studio monitor speakers as Hi Fi speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for cheap speakers with as best as possible quality .

Cheap because I'm a newbie in Hi Fi and I'm not ready to make a big investment and still trying to become more familiar with it and find my real needs.

Monitor speakers because I like quality (as everyone you may think :) ) and wonder whether these will correspond to my needs.

I found 2 interesting options: Behringer 2030P and Eltax monitor lll .

There are more positive reviews about the latter but they are said to be more Hi Fi than real monitor.

Any opinion?

Hello fellow-citizen,
I don't know the two speakers that are now your options.
If you are into DIY, I would consider checking Haut Parleurs Systèmes in Paris
They have a very good choice of speaker kit.
One that might be interesting for you is the Studiomix . I have heard good thing from this small monitor kit.

I personally own an older version of their Studiolab 300. It is a very good Hifi/studio kind of speaker but it might be out of your budget.

PS: just saw that you live in Guadeloupe (lucky you !) so Paris might not be a good place for shopping. Anyway...

Hi domtw,

Thanks for the links. I'll have a look on them.
just saw that you live in Guadeloupe (lucky you !) so Paris might not be a good place for shopping
You can say that again! The problem with my living in Guadeloupe is my not being able to listen to any system before ordering.

But I'm afraid they aren't in my immediate price range even the studiomix, not to mention transport, fees and so on. That's why your reviews are so important.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.