Looking for a MDT33 Project..giving up on trying to design my own

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am also looking for a good (excellent) design that uses the MDT 33.

I am beginning to realize I better stick with building tried and true designs for now. I picked up this hobby a few months ago and I am starting to realize learning and experimenting in this field are often the same (and very expensive). I think I am going to stick with what I really love to do and that is the construction aspect of speaker building. As time goes by I my try to design again but for now I find it satisfying enough to copy success.

I bought a pair of these on eBay a couple of months ago after reading some great reviews. I think I got a bargain ($120 for a basically NIB matched pair).

Any great designs would be appreciated. I am willing to buy the woofers needed but would like to use some I already have( Vifa Pw17WJ00-8, ScanSpeak 18W/8535, SF W17RC38-04, Peerless SDS 6.5 830657, and various Klipsch and Polk 6.5 and 8in drivers)

You have all been great in past advice, I am looking forward to what will come of this request!!!
Thanks again,
Jeff M.
millerjeff@ccmhonline.com

A friend of mine built a project with a MDT33 & SS8545 , is a *largish* sized 2-way bookshelf. Sounds real nice .
I think it is called a " VIRGO " ??? , should be on the www somewhere.... someone posted drawings & crossover design , was gonna make some myself but couldn't afford the drivers at the time.....:(

There's a design in 'Loudspeaker 201' by Ray Alden.

That design uses the MDT33 and a pair of Eton 4-300 in a MTM. Woofer is the Eton 11-581. You can see the speaker on the cover here: Cover

Sell some of your stuff on Ebay and buy the Eton drivers. You can't go wrong with these.

What about the Poly Natalia design by Dick Olsher:

Go here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.