High Efficiency 10" Mid Suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am on the hunt for a 10" high sensitivity driver for use from approximately ~80hz to ~800hz (rough estimates) in a 2-way system. Relatively limited driver depth is important, really needs to be in the 5" or less area (the less the better). Looking to keep costs low, around $150 or less per driver.

I had been contemplating the B&C 10PS26 which is the driver used in the Nathan 10 kit, but would like some other options to consider.

Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated :)

Impious said:
Thank you for the suggestions so far :)

Unfortunately the AE & 18 Sound drivers are outside of the budget range I was hoping for.

I'll have to do more research into the Beyma & Eminence drivers.
Many pro drivers are more expensive, or at least in a similar price range.

Try some of the cheaper Eminences or some EV EVM10L which are a decent HE driver.

Brett said:
Many pro drivers are more expensive, or at least in a similar price range.

Try some of the cheaper Eminences or some EV EVM10L which are a decent HE driver.

Yeah, many pro drivers aren't cheap. I was hoping to find some more options in the price range of the B&C driver I posted (B&C seems to be reasonably priced) or find a gem in the Eminence line up with quality distortion performance throughout the bandwidth I'll be playing it. I don't have enough experience with this genre of driver to know which are quality and affordable and which are just "cheap".

Originally posted by planet10
Audio Nirvana 10 with a whizzerextomy?

http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/nirvana.html

dave

Definitely an interesting driver, but I think the whizzer might be a little overkill and with a 1.3" VC and 1mm Xmax....I'm not sure it could hold up to the abuse I intend to put it through :angel: :D

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005

Attachments

• rcf.jpg
    rcf.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 265
Impious said:
I am on the hunt for a 10" high sensitivity driver for use from approximately ~80hz to ~800hz (rough estimates) in a 2-way system. Relatively limited driver depth is important, really needs to be in the 5" or less area (the less the better). Looking to keep costs low, around $150 or less per driver.

I had been contemplating the B&C 10PS26 which is the driver used in the Nathan 10 kit, but would like some other options to consider.

Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated :)

How about these lil buddy:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/sho...8&FTR=lil buddy&CFID=9222240&CFTOKEN=10381893

I bought myself a pair but have yet done anything..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.