Peavey VSX-26 Digital Loudspeaker Management 3-In/6-Out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am as well looking for an alternative to the DCX (same price bracket) for bass management and equalisation of a 2.1 system...

Seems that we have questions, but not many have answers ;)...

I wonder why so little tried the VSX, I read (here) that it sounded better than the DCX... It seems as well that it does not surrender so easily with regards to CPU (a lot say that you can often max out the DCX with a few filters).

It might be worth trying our luck here : PSW Sound Reinforcement Forums: Product Reviews: Sound Reinforcement => Peavey VSX26 Review

Well, I will follow this topic anyway, so please post your findings and progress guys :).

Thanks.

There are very mixed reviews on both the Peavey VSX26 and the Behringer DCX2496.

Anyone else got experience with either of these?
Personally, i'm interested in finding a good digital crossover for use in a 3 way DIY speaker with my 6 channel Dared tube amp (tri-amping each speaker).

It seems there are more users of the Behringer and so there are modding tutorials/sites about. Getting a used model and modding it might give better results than most new crossovers out there, at least at about the same cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.