Proac Response 4 X-overs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally got the drivers and wood enough to make this dream come true, but the most important is still lacking. Does anybody got serious info about their crossover schemes?

Thanks in advance,

Jgtx.

P.s.: I am looking for another set of 2 x ATC SM75-150 (8 Ohms.). If you got something in good shape, please let me know.

I found this a while back.... missing some numbers though... somewhere to start...

Attachments

• proac response4.jpeg
    proac response4.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 670
It's time for me to become obnoxious.

13 years ago I went looking for a great pair of speakers. I was a travelling salesman, so I got to visit almost every highend stereo store in Canada, and the northern States. When I say I listened to hundreds of speakers, I would not be stretching the truth.

Near the end of my journey I heard the first speaker which finally had me say 'Yah, this sounds right, I have goosebumps', it was the ProAc Response 2. How could this little bookshelf speaker make me smile?. The saleman didn't even ask me if I wanted to buy, he asked me if I wanted the broken in demo, or a new pair, same price. He explained that most serious lookers, once hearing these little beauties, bought.

Some years later I started tinkering, first was the crossover. When I took out the original, and did a careful drawing of it, I was amazed that the + ve run went straight to the woofer, with the tweeter out of phase, - ve run straight to the tweeter. Now when I look at the drawings submitted to you, it shows the same thing, + ve runs straight to the drivers.

Do not discount this fact. When building your speakers, listen with this orientation first, then switch the runs to the opposite side, do not go with what sounds better, go with what sounds natural. Too many people believe the + ve side gets all the crossover stuff, phooey I say, phooey. ProAc (Mr. Tyler) have built, and sold, way too many speakers to way too many happy customers, to be wrong.

The simplicity of his crossovers puts a smile on my face.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.