TS parameters when changing Flux Density

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I have 4 Altec 421-8H baskets with 416-8B Cones
I know the TS parameters of the original 416-8B speakers with its Flux Density of 1.1 Tesla
Now, new flux density with 421-8H basket and 416-8B cone is 1.44 Tesla
Is it possible to calculate new TS parameters since we know original parameters and original and new flux density ?
Is New Bl = (1.44/1.1) * Bl(416) ?

Thanks
Bruno

In simplified theory, yes, that would be correct. In reality it would be correct if the flux distribution through the gap region was the same as for the 416-8B (so the ratio of flux density was the same at all points). If the top plate thicknesses are different between the speakers, then this will probably not be the same. If you build the speakers, just measure the parameters to find out what BL really is.

Hi

Thanks for your answers
Yes, the best way is to measure new parameters, but I was wondering:
Do Cms and Rms depend only of mechanical characteristics of the cone?
In that case:
Fs should be the same (1/(2*PI*SQR(Cms*Mms))
Also Qms (2*PI*Fs*Mms/Rms)
Also Vas (Rho*C²*Sd²*Cms )
And Qes should be (1.44/1.1)² smaller, is that what you mean Ron E ?
If Cms and Rms do not change, measuring new Bl instead of estimating it (1.44/1.1) should be enough ?

Rgds

f4bok said:
Hi

Thanks for your answers
Yes, the best way is to measure new parameters, but I was wondering:
Do Cms and Rms depend only of mechanical characteristics of the cone?
In that case:
Fs should be the same (1/(2*PI*SQR(Cms*Mms))
Also Qms (2*PI*Fs*Mms/Rms)
Also Vas (Rho*C²*Sd²*Cms )
And Qes should be (1.44/1.1)² smaller, is that what you mean Ron E ?
If Cms and Rms do not change, measuring new Bl instead of estimating it (1.44/1.1) should be enough ?

Rgds

Yes.

Rms should not change much unless former is conductive. Cms is just springiness, nothing to do with motor.

Measuring Qes, Qms is easier than Rms or Bl.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.