KEF B110 SP1057 anybody have one (or 2)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The B110 does show up on ebay occasionally (more often now than a few months ago) but most of the units are either beat up '60s models or the earlier SP1003.

I have seen one or two show up once and they sold for a crazy amount.

I do have a couple of SP1057 that used for a CS1 style pair some 25 years ago. I also bought a few SP1003 and some T27 as I want to make a full 5.1 system with those.

I tried a fairly good condition SP1003 in place of the SP1057 some weeks ago, replacing only the right loudspeaker's driver so I could do A/B tests in mono and listen to imbalances if they were apparent.

I can say it doesn't bother me at all and I've left it there as I wanted to compare the SP1003 and SP1057 on the bench for differences.

What I'm saying is, you could try for a pair of B110 constructor series drivers when you find them in low prices (<$50 a pair). It most likely will do.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

from : http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/SpeakerSystems/101/Gallery/index.htm

Hi,

As you can see in the crossover there is a series notch network
that presumably should be matched to a particular B110 version.

The actual speakers claim to be matched within 0.5dB.

Driver substitution ?

http://www.monacor.de/typo3/index.p...&spr=EN&L=1&versuche=10&aktiv=1&suche=sph-135

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've seen the SPH-135C suggested, it does seem to have
a midrange peak, but it seems higher than the nominal
1kHz trap filter in the 101 crossover. Not a good idea IMO.

I think you must use the correct version of the B110.
The saving grace is that it is not the same version as the LS3/5A.

:)/sreten.

about the B110 SP1057 for my KEF 101

Well, thanks to everyone. I will look for 1 or 2 on EBAY...good suggestion.
and

in terms of finding a used speaker to buy...that uses that EXACT SP1057 version of the B110...anyone know a specific model of speaker that uses that SP1057??

It's not the LS35A for sure.....it uses the SP1003

( I may even try buying a SP1003 version and plunk it in - see how it sounds)

Thanks,
Luis

Sp1057

Hi larezreyes,

I have 6 Kef SP1057 in mint condition, They are never used and are in original wrappings .

For the moment I can spare 2 of those for a reasonable price.
You have to mail me a fair bid for 2 in US $ if you are interested.

b

I am grabbing at straws here but would you or anyone else have a good matched pair or two matched pairs of Kef sp1057 available for sale who don't mind shipping to the UK at a reasonable price?

Please?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am grabbing at straws here but would you or anyone else have a good matched pair or two matched pairs of Kef sp1057 available for sale who don't mind shipping to the UK at a reasonable price?

We could have a merry-go-round here. I just bought a set of B110 SP1003 in the UK to go into a set of LS3/5A. Someone had stuffed set of dead LS3/5a with SP1057.

So yes i have a set of B110 SP1057 i'd be willing to ship to the UK. Just have to negotiate price. I paid 80 GBP for the SP1003.

dave

This is my first post here in the hopes of finding a matched pair of B110's SP1057 for Kef 105.2.
My 3 year old neice thought it would be a good idea to give the B110's a good old poke in the dust caps. I managed to pop them back out with the vacuum but one of the bextrine cones is now out of shape and the volume coming out of that driver is low :(
Fingers crossed someone still has a pair out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.