HiVi D6.8 & HiVi Q1R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HiVi D6.8 & HiVi Q1R

Hi, I need advice on D6.8. How much does it give the internal volume cabinets? I saw him from 12 to 25 liters. What is the best? As the height of the Q1R. Nowhere on the Internet, I found no DIY project with the loudspeaker. It just uses the company Totem Acoustic. Thank you for your reply.

I've personally tried a sealed 11litre (probably 10l actual volume if you consider the driver displacement) box with the D6.8s and found the bass to be quite punchy without much depth.

I then drilled a 3/8" hole at the back of the enclosure ala avalon audio monitors and found that the hivis gained some depth.

The eventual enclosure had a pair of 50hz ports but stuffed so it is aperiodic. I prefered this than having the ports unstuffed but it might be due to an incorrect port tuning.

It needed a good 100watts at least in that kind of box for a fairly small 12' x 11' room to play loud.

blue934 said:
here's a link to a Swans design. it took some digging but i thought i had seen that combo somewhere. i can't translate it from chinese but the essentials are there.

http://www.hiviresearch.com/product/htm/view.php?id=1135

blue934

The crossover on that page has virtually zero baffle step compensation. I understand that the D6.8 has low sensitivity and elavated midbass and lower mids. Even so, I'd use a small amount of BSC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.