anyone heard of these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of Linear Designs and the floor stander set H-12. Its a 4-way system with 5 speakers per unit. Any opinions? They are old, but weigh a tonne and are rated at 170Wmax per unit. Freq range is 25hz - 25khz and db response is 85. Ive been offered these and wondering what a good price would be and if they are even good or not, they are in very good condition though.

Thanks!

GM

Joined 2003
Looks like a DJ speaker and unless the XO is diabolically complex I imagine it sounds like one. Anyway, these folks want $800 Aus., but without auditioning them they're just another $25-50 US/pair garage sale speaker to me if in good working condition.

As always though, YMMV.

GM

:D l concur with the previous posters opinion: these are a cheap and nasty product, you would be better off with a pair of those "white van"specials......... for 800 of your hard earned, l would rather build something from scratch, there's plenty of designs floating around on the net that would equal the best but if cheap taiwanese drivers in cheap vinyl wrap chipboard cabs turn you on, or to put it more succintly, take 8 100 dollar bills and burn them individually. is what you would be doing if you bought them for that price. good luck
TC;)

obviously my post hasnt cleared yet lol, never said i was gonna buy them and i dont think i will. He only wanted $200 for the set, and the details looked good, but i might just settle and start with a pair of M4s from LSK. Then move on later and maybe build some bigger sets using Fostex drivers or something that is readily available in Melbourne.

can you suggest any sites where i can start to study abit about cross over design. Im really interested in building a set of 2 ways myself, such as the types that fostex recommend. Im good with soldering, i just would like to understand a bit more about the actual design, best ways to build them up, etc etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.