KEF 105/3 - Kef Q5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to buy either a pair of KEF 105/3 (black) or a pair of KEF Q5. Each pair sells for 750 USD. The seller says that the 105/3 are in great condition. I think they are originally very superior to the Q5. Any advice (price, parts to check before buying, etc.)?

Thanks!

mschafft
ps: I have read a post here about technical issues on 105/3 (foam etc.) but I haven't seen the speakers yet so it's a bit abstract to me..

Hi
You do need the KEF Kube 200 (ebay once a year or so) for the 105/3 to extend the lower end frequency response and to tune the speakers to the room used. However you should not need to purchase another set of speakers this lifetime if you look after them :))))))))))
I had Quad ESL 63's and even they did not sound as good as the 105/3 and of course they had no bass anyway, nice treble though.

regards
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.