Difficult Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those tweeters have quite narrow dispersion above about 10KHz, more so than a usual 1" tweeter. I suspect the ribbon takes over from about 10KHz to keep wide dispersion.

Why he uses 2 of those nipple tweeters I don't know.... seems like a bad idea to me.

Dali use a single dome tweeter and a isoplanar ribbon. They claim it reduces IMD by using two drivers.

That would only be likely is they are crossed over lower than they really should be.

It might be to keep a narrow vertical directivity, but that will not actually work at those high frequencies because the drivers will not 'couple'.

The likely answer is that it looks impressive and makes the speaker symmetrical top to bottom.

When you go away from a point source (that is one driver covering one frequency range), then problems with comb filtering become apparent. As the wavelength gets shorter, I always thought this becomes even more troublesome, hence why you don't see many multiple driver monopole tweeter designs.

I don't know why you need 2 revelator tweeters. surely there would be some comb filtering cancellation which would require "head in the vice" listening to get the best from these speakers.

if i understand the construction right he use for each frequenz
two good driver to have more efficiency accept for the ribbion. One Ribbon is on the front and one ribbon is on the backside.

Maybe this Ribbon start at a very high frequency like 15 khz and work parallel to the two 290x?

The reason? Maybe better transperancy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.