Celestion MD-500 and MF-500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone confirm that the MF-500 mid was or wasn't used in the Ditton 66? I own 2 1/2 sets of 66's. The first purchased new in 1974 and all three sets had MD-500's. All my Celestion literature from the early 70's only refers to the MD-500's. I thought the MF-500 was only made by Celestion for the B & O 5700.

Dave

go to the midrange Thread !

Hi peterdav,

MF-500 was the first model of that type of dome made by Celestion.
It was used in both the first version of the Ditton 66 and in the B&O 5700.
The MF-500 was rated at 50 watts.

The MD-500 is the next development by Celestion.
It is rated at 80 watts, and it may have some other internal changes making it further different to the MF version.
The MD version was used in the Mk II version of the Ditton 66.

Search this forum for the Thread titled:

celestion 66 needs Mid-range

started by:

Mr_White

In there several of us have been discussing Ditton 66 versions for several years.
You will find many things, including about the mid-domes, and some copies of original crossover schematics,
and some measurements done on both MF and MD versions of the domes, etc ...

Join us there if you have anything to ask, and please Post about anything that we have not covered yet,
but no hurry, because you will see that there is a lot to read through, and we learned more things in answer to our earlier questions as more members joined, etc ...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.