Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Three way horn system
Three way horn system
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2008, 01:36 PM   #21
pelanj is offline pelanj  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Default Full range

And meanwhile I will be waiting for the horns, I will most probably start to experiment with full range drivers and foam made horns, just to try things out.
Old 6th August 2008, 05:49 PM   #22
el`Ol is offline el`Ol  Germany
diyAudio Member

Ugly, but with something like that you could be sure there is no dispersion problem:
Three way horn system
Old 7th August 2008, 06:27 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Limmer horns

Not that ugly, actually it is very close to what I would like to have - but a bit pricy and hard to get here.
Old 9th August 2008, 01:18 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Megaton Aluminium Waveguides

I was kind of lucky to find these: http://eshop.prodance.cz/DetailPage.asp?DPG=83921

Cast aluminium waveguides usable from 1800 Hz up for 20 Eur (or around 30 USD). They are sand cast most probably without any surface treatment. I will probably buy a pair to hear, what they can do. This company "Megaton" make all kinds of cast aluminium horns for a price that is next to nothing, they are used by the pro audio guys here. With a bit of work (sanding and polishing, painting and deadening with clay) I think they should be high quality waveguides.
Old 9th August 2008, 03:41 PM   #25
el`Ol is offline el`Ol  Germany
diyAudio Member

Good that we have it better here.
http://www.vjk-event.de/catalog/prod...roducts_id=136
Old 9th August 2008, 05:47 PM   #26
Brett is offline Brett
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Megaton Aluminium Waveguides

Quote:
Originally posted by pelanj
I was kind of lucky to find these: http://eshop.prodance.cz/DetailPage.asp?DPG=83921

Cast aluminium waveguides usable from 1800 Hz up for 20 Eur (or around 30 USD). They are sand cast most probably without any surface treatment. I will probably buy a pair to hear, what they can do. This company "Megaton" make all kinds of cast aluminium horns for a price that is next to nothing, they are used by the pro audio guys here. With a bit of work (sanding and polishing, painting and deadening with clay) I think they should be high quality waveguides.
Be interested to hear what you think of those as they look like they might work for a future project I have in mind.
Old 10th August 2008, 10:18 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default Waveguides

Acually there are two sizes (6" and 8") with two models for each size (deep/shalllow). There are some real measurements with untreated horns, see http://www.prodance.cz/protokoly.php?AnchorID=56&Lng=CZ there is quite lots of measurements for different 1" horns.
Old 11th August 2008, 11:23 AM   #28
aubergine is offline aubergine  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hi RJ,

I have also seen some other plots that might say otherwise about the T48 on some websites. But the matter is past now.

There was no shootout between Bill's and Phil's speakers (well nobody really has heard of phil's ), but AFAIK there are results between it and the danley sound TH-115.

pelanj,

speakerstore.nl is currently doing a deal on the Limmer 042s, just to inform you. It contains the horn with quality drivers as well. The horn itself is a bit vintage Turbo-ish.
Old 11th August 2008, 01:16 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Aubergine, thanks for the information. That looks good.

I have some measurements for the MBS driver in two of the Megaton A9090 horns, with and without a crossover. A9090 is 220 mm in diameter, A9090m is 160 mm in diameter. The crossover is a rough estimate for lowest possible crossover frequency for this driver/waveguide combination and it corrects for constant directivity of the waveguide. The sensitivity coul be made higher if a higher CO point is needed. The measurements were done by Hubert at Prodance.cz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bms-a9090.pdf (93.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 21st February 2019, 06:58 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

After all the years, I have found out, that the system I wrote about in the first post was based on the Jealvox Monitor - a Danish three way horn design: Something about Jealvox speakers - but triamped, separate cabinets and different drivers for the mid horn and tweeter (there was only one).

On Saturday, I will pick up two PA w-bins that I got for the price of the drivers only, so finally after 10 years of other priorities, this project may start

Three way horn systemHide this!Advertise here!