OB my way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Erling,
I'll search the data, the only thing I remember (I'm now at work) is Qts a bit higher as 0.43 instead original 0.40, so some little difference in others Q, too. I think for any application, original 2241H parameters could be right, considering my OB destiny... for the first time I didn't bother too much with T/S (tilt and shift?) HeHe.....
Cheers
Marcelo

Hi all! some very important news!!... Graham Maynard's T-Bass circuit added !!!!!!!!!! Nec Plus Ultra as I told Graham. This is a MUST for all OB guided by SS amps, I'm commited by the grand Master to spread this enlightening!!!
Bass becomes infinite extended (in my case, obviously), fastest (without inertia) bringing a new dimension to the bass spectrum, ultra high definition and dynamics not found in this proportion in other kind of speaker (2nd best... 1. Horns, BUT... not free at all from colorations and/or costing 10 Times more, and/or being way bigger 2. Big electrostats, BUT... Never could deliver such high Spl's at low frecuencies and/or as above). And things don't end there... midrange got more vivid and clear , showing better xover response and phase behaviour. A win-win setup! And by no means I'm talking of "more" bass as shaped by EQ's or other prossessors, this arrangement proves to deliver the most natural and faithful bass reproduction, so this is the way.... (oncemore) OB + ProDrivers + T-Bass.... Get there and Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Marcelo

Attachments

• 03.09.08 011ww.jpg
    03.09.08 011ww.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 375
Hi Marcelo,

The bigger the driver the deeper and cleaner the T-bass will drive it. Needs decent VAS and lowish Fs too though.

Drums remain tight sounding (better phase integration), and without the room becoming monopolar pressurised there can still be a throbbing beat you feel from bowed basses. Organ music is better too, without some notes becoming un-naturally boomy.

Your last photo shows a 12" driver in approx 100 litres of enclosure, which is not bad in it own right, but I bet the OB is so much nicer to listen to, and almost (if not) as powerful at the very lowest of bass frequencies. I have even heard some very low frequency sounds I did not know were there because they had been masked either by box LS characteristics, or room mode energisation.

Before I had this circuit and the large Pro drivers I would not have believed just how much clean LF could come from drivers mounted on a flat piece of wood, and no corner joints either, only cut-outs !

I wish you many hours of enthralling music listening.

Cheers ....... Graham.

Many Thanks Graham!
I just started my mission to enlighten people on OB truth... I've been making Interconnect and speaker cables of my own recipe, based on Cat. 6 networking cable for some of the more experienced audiophiles here in Montevideo, at least three of the best arranged systems have been upgraded, to have a little idea... cables as "reference" and "ultra" from Transparent were eaten for breakfast, one of these friends having some very good harware (Mark Levinson-Cary-C.E.C.-Goldmund- B&W) remain very open to my experiments and asked me to listen to my OB's. Firs at my place, in a little cave (actually a mini bedroom in an apartment) with this final comment: "You ruined my life"! Second... in his system, to compare results with his very good and optimized Nautilus 803 - Mark Levinson 335 setup..... Final result: "for Sell : B&W Nautilus 803" first order to clonate my OB's and that even Before T-Bass!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you know what I'm speaking ..... :hot:
cheers
Marcelo

Attachments

• junio29-2008 089ww.jpg
    junio29-2008 089ww.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 220
other treated pacient, note my braids and blue IC's .....
shshshsss!!!!! one more true to share: NO MULTIFILARS!!!!!! no 1 inch of multifilar cable admitted in stairway to haven!!! not for audiofrecuencies!!!!!!! :no:
Cheers
Marcelo

Attachments

• mar 013ww.jpg
    mar 013ww.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 232
A chip amp is a SS amp.

The main thing to watch out for is the peak current, so a genuine 4 ohm amplifier would be needed to drive T-bass + 8 ohm LS. With chip amps it might be better to use one for LF and another for mid/high.
The T-bass circuit will work best high NFB amplifier plus low resistance cables and wound components; gives real power to the bass.
My own amplifier is both class-A + class-AB simultaneously, also one ohm peak capable, so I have only one amplifier driving all of the drivers on my large OB.

Cheers ......... Graham.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.