Celestion SL600 mods by Clockwork.de

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I have seen a couple of pairs of Celestion SL600's or si's go on ebay.de that have been modified by a company called Clockwork (I think they rename them 'C37' after the mods have been done?).

Does anyone know what these mods are?

On a pair of Si's the bi-amp/wire had been changed back to single wire and the tweeter protection grills were removed but what has changed inside?

If anyone knows of good mods for SL600s please let me know as I have a scrappy pair here that I'd rather play with than sell on for a pittance.. I also found a company selling Nextel in the UK so my attempt a full restoration job at some point.

Thanks in advance,

Nat

On looking at their site the C37 I mentioned was a red herring, I think, although they do have pictures of violins on a page to do with that C37 stuff..

It is possible though that they use some of that although I don't know what it is... magic potion or something?

I see that they make stands especially for the SL600, a stylised open frame.

I've emailed them too so will see what they say (or not).

Hello all,

I have seen a couple of pairs of Celestion SL600's or si's go on ebay.de that have been modified by a company called Clockwork (I think they rename them 'C37' after the mods have been done?).

Does anyone know what these mods are?

On a pair of Si's the bi-amp/wire had been changed back to single wire and the tweeter protection grills were removed but what has changed inside?

If anyone knows of good mods for SL600s please let me know as I have a scrappy pair here that I'd rather play with than sell on for a pittance.. I also found a company selling Nextel in the UK so my attempt a full restoration job at some point.

Thanks in advance,

Nat

Got a battered pair of SL600 and the cab is filthy , sticky and scratched . Anybody has source of nextel paint in US? Also how to proceed with old paint , strip it , sand it , use thinner ? The speaker looks like it was used in chicken shack and they pooped on it :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.