Need advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi people, not too sharp on this crossover stuff... always gone for the purist FR so I need your advice;)
I made some MK MLTL's and did the phase plug mod but always found them to be lacking in the 'metalic' region of the HF.
I added 6 ohms of series resistance as well to soften the midrange and bring up the Bass.
Thing is that I've had a set of FT17H's linked up with a recomended filter in front forgetting about the other 6ohm:rolleyes:
Do I need to remove the 6 ohms or change the values on the HF side? I suppose I've made a kind of L pad doing it this way?
If there is a simulation program out there (that I would understand..!) then please just direct me to that and I'll try my best:clown:

Attachments

• fe207e & ft17h.gif
    fe207e & ft17h.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 111
Iain McNeill said:
This is the most basic crossover, it stops bass getting to the tweeter. It relies on the natural roll off of the woofer to match and so the LP frequency is unaffected by the sensitivity adjusting 6ohm.
So all you need to do is tune the cap value for most pleasing sound.

Thank you my man, you're a gentleman. I was loosing hope of a reply;)
I've now got a 0.47 in there and am evaluating the differences.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.