Loudspeakers 101

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I keep seeing references to "Loudspeakers 101" in this instance are people talking about a specific book ( I'm thinking of Ray Alden's building loudspeakers ) or are people using it as a generic term for a basic introduction to speaker design and construction??
Here in Oz we don't use that type of terminology for education programs but we watch enough idiot box to be familiar with the term.
If Ray Alden ever authored a book subtitled Loudspeakers 101 please direct me to it, I'd like to purchase it.

Speaker Building 201

The book by Ray Alden is Speaker Building 201. 12 chapters with chapter 11 - designs for 11 speakers. Just for your infor:

chapter 1: The adventure Begins
chapter 2: The "Big Three" parameters and the closed box
chapter 3: The vented enclosure
chapter 4: Opening pandora's box
chapter 5: special applications
chapter 6: subwoofers
chapter 7: two-way crossovers
chapter 8: three-way crossovers
chapter 9: hardware and software
chapter10: crossover optimization & measurement techniques
chapter11: eleven speaker systems
chapter12: construction

I have this book and it is for beginners to intermediate. Very well written so you understand. Price is around 30 US dollars. 153 pages plus the vendors pages at the back.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.