MLooking for FRD and ZMA fro Beyma 10G40 and BC DE250+RCF H100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

To simulate my (first) project here, I am looking for the FRD and ZMA files for the Beyma 10G40 woofer and the B&C DE250 + RCF H100 horn...

I have tried digitising the 10G40 myself, but I am having no luck with the FR Combiner.

It seems to be OK with SPL Trace (though I cannot SPLView the result).

Then I have calculated (UniBox) the answer of a 1000L closed box, exported the FRC (as Beyam curves are provided with infinite balle) and done the same for my 23l vented box.

I am able to load all the 3 FRD files in FRC, but they won't combine.

FRC complains they have not the same start frequency. I did the driver between 20Hz and 10k (9481.993Hz), but Unibox generated FRD from 10Hz to 1000Hz.

To a point I van understand why FRC is not happy...

I anyone could provide me with the 10G40 FRD and ZMA, that would be great as I think I can manage the DE250 (extract it from other document I have downloaded).

Anything I missed in teh process?

jm_kzo said:
Great to hear!

I am leaning towards the 10G40 as a 10' myself, but all this simulation business is a tough learning curve.

Unfortunately, it is the only place I feel able to start re XO design...

10G40 seems expensive with Fs=55hz, selling at $199 in the States. Realistically how do you find it?

cheaper alternatives include Beyma, 10BR60, SM110/n, even 12BR60. I don't mind larger box eg. VAS>30litre.
what do you think?

I have not heard the 10G40 yet (nor the DE250), but th SM110/N does not seem to simulate well in small boxes (with WinISD).

In the attached, the RCF L8S800 is the orange curve, the SM110/N is the yellow one, the 10G40 is the blue.

All are in 25L tuned at 60Hz or 65Hz in 25L vented enclosures.
All are filtered at 1600Hz with a Butterworth 3rd order.

We do not have the same constraints, but the SM110/N seem to require more volume (it is what WInISD says at least).

I spoke to the Beyma dealer yesterday (the one I gave you the contact details) and he was all bells and whistles about the 10G40.

It seems to have good reviews. The issue is that it is a bit on the low en of the scale compared to "common" high efficiancy projects (people tend to use 15')...

I still think you can do something very good with a 10'. Possibly you can add a sub later if you are not happy enough with the low bass.

Attachments

• simuls 09-06.png
    simuls 09-06.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 297
JM,

If you are restricted to box size then 10G40 seems to be the most suitable choice.

As I have said, I don't mind larger size, >30 litre even up to 50-60l, floor standing if necessary.

The guy contacted me about shipping Beyma to Aust., his prices are very good, problem is shipping cost is very expensive and also he does not accept paypal, TT bank transfer further adds to the total price.

DE250 goes really well with H100, HP 1.7 - 2KH 2nd order LR, is fairly flat or some small equalization. sound very good, open and dynamic. This is the most well kept secret! practically no one here uses this combo except you and I, ha ha. You will be very happy with them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.