Don't have software, will you run some #s for me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have the software and if I did I wouldn't know what to do with it!
I'm wondering if I could use these for subs in a regular cab pick-up in 1.0 c.f. each or less and get good bass from them...

Power handling: 90 watts RMS/130 watts max
Voice coil diameter: 2"
Impedance: 8 ohms
Frequency response: 26-6,000 Hz
SPL: 90 dB 1W/1m
Vas: 4.77 cu. ft.
Xmax: 3.0mm
Qms: 4.17 * Qes: .36
Qts: .34
Fs: 26 Hz

I appreciate any and all help greatly!
Brian

Just download WinISD or some other freeware.

3mm of Xmax is not a lot of excursion. These aren't really subs. They will make noise in your pickup, can't tell you how much without knowing diameter and other parameters...

Without running numbers in a calculator I can give you this estimate: in 1 cubic foot you will have a halfspace F3 ~60z or so, and Qts in the range of 0.8 or so. Your pickup's small cab will bring up the low end considerably, though - so the actual F3 will be lower..

a dump from my uber spreadsheet....

Anything you see about ports on the front page does not apply - this is a sealed box design of 1 cubic foot
F3 62.5 Hz and damped Qts of 0.74

First graph is SPL at 2.83 volts and Max SPL (90W)
second graph is power handling about 10-12 watts at low frequencies - due to low excursion
third graph is input impedance showing typical closed box impedance peak - no surprises here
fourth graph is excursion modeled at 75Watts/8 ohms input - note that it is beyond spec below about 100Hz - see the power handling graph.
5th graph is phase and group delay - nothing of note here.

Attachments

• bass1.pdf
    46.7 KB · Views: 46
Hi,

It is a decent speaker 10" bass unit with good efficiency 90dB / 8 ohm.

It will work fine in a well stuffed 1cuft internal sealed box but it is not really a subwoofer.

Presumably a 4 ohm driver would be better for an in-car amplifier ?

Why paper cone ? for a subwoofer ?

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.