Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

here is an up to date picture of the speaker, with the SEOS waveguide.
the waveguide does have an off-axis null at 14k, but i guess that doesn't really matter too much.
the added boost below 4k is really nice :)

Attachments

• DSC_0348.jpg
    DSC_0348.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 881
No, it is new acoustics. The closed type. The loudspeaker is fixed as on the picture, the phase inverter isn't present. Instead of the phase inverter two helicoid channels. Fillings any sound-absorbing in speaker systems aren't present. Sound real. Bottom fast. The group delay is minimized to the maximum. Acoustics of new generation. The author this acoustics called the Tornado. It on pictures of a tornado it is made on the basis of known speaker systems, in native boxes, with my alterations.

John, if you are going to make the Tornado, I will be glad to help with consultation on this matter. Sound.... The sound you so will surprise that I think phase inverters remain in the past. My English limps a little, apologies I ask for it. But an essence that there is a new acoustic registration which began the procession and believe its birth this powerful addition to known today in a sound. I will be glad to help with a design.

>>> Googl >>> "Проект на базе громкоговорителей системы ESS Tempest LS-5"

Kirill.

Last edited:
Here's a whimsical OB clock radio speaker experiment that turned out well. I had a muddy clock radio and some nice looking but hard to mount surplus infinity drivers sitting around gathering dust.
Super clear and spacious on voice, the clock radio amp already has a midrange pass filter so the capacitors and inductors were not necessary.

9486945948_f1b94ae25d_c.jpg

My build of an MJK OB design with a Fostex FE167E and 2 Eminence Alpha 15a per side. 1.5" oak ply with Zebrawood veneer for baffles, found a man in town to custom build a base with ¼” steel plate and ½” pipe bracing to hold baffles, then painted with Rustoleum spray.

Each baffle started at 20”X40” per spec but knocked one off the workbench and had to trim to 17.5". Using an Onkyo TX-SR805 for preamp, DBX223 for active crossover and Adcom GFA-2535 to run bass and highs.

Attachments

• IMGP2500.jpg
    IMGP2500.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 2,175
  • IMGP2480.jpg
    IMGP2480.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 2,141