Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Minimalistic OB line array:

unbaffledarray.jpg

The OB speakers in back are a pair of 9762M that I bought at a yard sale for $5. Then the smaller ones in front are based on Martin King's 2 way
OB using the alpha 15A but I used 6db crossovers and a removable board
for the full range driver so I can try different ones, In the picture I am using an old 5" Atom alnico driver. Thanks Mr. King for that design I realy
like it!

Attachments

• P1010052.JPG
    P1010052.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 3,986
Jamo Open Baffle, Model 909

I thought those living in Melbourne, Australia might like to audition this Jamo Open baffle model 909, see photo, at a store in Melb. BTW I am not associated in any way with the company. Out of curiosity I went to audition these speakers and use them as a bench mark to build my own DIY OB.

My impression was it threw a huge sound stage(like most OB speakers) and was driven by 1 single solid state amp. Initially it sounded a little gritty because the amp was not warmed up sufficiently. The bass was good and solid not overwhelming(I am not a bass man). I found the mid range a little forward for my taste. Overall a good sounding speakers and properly setup in a large room and accompanied with adequate ancillaries will sound very good. BTW the price is not too attractive at AUD$22,000/pair

For a free audition contact the dealer, see details on the photo.

Attachments

• jamo2 003.jpg
    jamo2 003.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 3,721
  • jamo2 004.jpg
    jamo2 004.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3,540