Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Seas coax for center channel?
Seas coax for center channel? Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2003, 07:42 AM   #1
rickcl is offline rickcl  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Seas coax for center channel?

I was wondering if any one has used a coax like the Seas H1143
for a center channel driver? I would think that such a driver would be well suited for a center channel speaker. Single point source and time alinged. I have been trying to figure out what driver is used in the Vandersteen centers.
I just happened into this forum, great site. I have been building speakers for awhile Dyna,Vifa, Peerless. I have built a great isobarik sub for the car using Dynaudio 24W100s.
Thanks all.
Old 12th March 2003, 07:20 PM   #2
Simon is offline Simon  England
diyAudio Member

Rick,

I asked a general question about the SEAS CoAx's 'quality' on this forum a couple of days ago.
No-one seems to know much about them (I assume as a few hits but no replies).
However, started a thread on the Madisound Discussion page and got some interest - have a look over there.
D Murphy is having a play with them so watch out for his results.
I think they would make an interesting alternative the normal two way solutions.
The Gradient website is also worth a look www.gradient.fi, as they appear to use these units and get (reportedly) good results in what is described as 'high end' designs.

Cheers,
Si
Old 12th March 2003, 07:46 PM   #3
Simon is offline Simon  England
diyAudio Member

Rick,

Sorry, try this: www.gradient.fi

Cheers,
Si
Old 12th March 2003, 09:00 PM   #4
rickcl is offline rickcl  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks Simon for the reply I will take a look at your other thread. The link you sent kind of confirms what I saw with Vandersteen's center also. They, (Seas, Vifa) must be doing a custom build of the co-ax that incorporates an alloy dome instead of an the "off the shelf" fabric. I'm glad their is similar interest in this idea. I would enjoy hearing any other ideas and comments on this. The only drawback I have heard of might be some on axis phasing problems with use of this driver.
Thanks again, Rick.
Old 12th March 2003, 11:41 PM   #5
The Paulinator is offline The Paulinator  United States
diyAudio Member

I just mentioned on the other thread that I used them in my car and they are amazing. Check them out.

Seas coax for center channel?Hide this!Advertise here!