Celestion Pro 10" neo or ferrite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have any of you any knowledge of this group of speakers?

http://professional.celestion.com/pro/products/tn/index.asp

Intention is to use from about 100Hz to 180Hz up to 1,5KHz to 2.5KHz open baffle with one of the waveguide/comp. drivers mentioned on this forum and and maybe 2 x 10" or 2 X 12" in a box, sealed or ported for base. To use with separate subs as mentioned in the gedlee articles.
Looking, as are others for something more efficient than the usual. Thanks for any replies.
jamikl

Neo, for two reasons: first is pragmatic if you have to ship from the UK it will be cheaper. Second is apparent lower flux modulation as there is no mention of addressing this in the drivers I glanced at.

Any particular reason you chose Celestions?
The TN1020 looks OK, but I have no experience of it.

Thanks for you reply, and the other information you sent Brett. The only reason for the inquiry is that the graph on this one "Looked" good. that is why I asked if anyone knew what it sounds like. It does not seem to have the huge rise above 1KHZ that a lot of the pro drivers have. Maybe in time there will be a reply from somebody who has experience with it. There is an agent in Pittwater but I don't know if they handle this one.
jamikl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.