Hi, and midbass recommendations that play low.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
My name's Tim and I'm new and i'm looking for some recommendations from you clever lot!
I'm currently prototyping my first proper speaker build.
So far I have the midrange sorted, hybrid legatia L4's in transmission line enclosures (I know many of you may frown on car audio stuff, but this isn't your circuit city type of kit!)

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Legatia L4.pdf

It's a 4" driver that is currently crossed at 120hz and coping all the way up to 16khz easily, i don't know if it's playing higher as that's where my hearing stops :lol: the sound is beautifully spacial and detailed and very neutral.

I'm looking for a suitable driver to take my speakers all the way down REALLY low, i'm completely against seperate subwoofer "solutions" unless they're doing silly 10hz style stuff.

Budget, hmmm ideally no more than £200 a pair, unless it's worth it.
maximum cabinet size - infinitely negotiable, long gone are the thoughts of little standmounts. Using a behringer UD for getting the crossovers right before building them, Power available - enough ;)

So what can you guys recommend to me, looks like a top forum and has the best rules page ever!

Thanks

Tim

Loud...
hmmm, I want something that will be able to wobble me a little bit, but i'm not gonna go crazy I'm sure i'll be living in pokey size living rooms for a while yet and i've got some old jamo's for parties :)

I'll be more than happy with anything over 105db i'm fairly sure.

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Since you already have a TL, then a matching TL seems the reasonable choice, so find a however low Fs driver you want to 'reach' with at least as high a Qts as the L4's except with a few dB higher efficiency to help offset baffle step loss (BSC) based on the L4's ~86.7 dB/W/m calc'd efficiency.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.