original crossover schematics for clone ATC SCM 100

schauki said:

I rember a picture of a cut model of the dome. But I didn't found it now.

Found this on Wilmslow Audios website...

Attachments

• atc midrange xsection.jpg
    atc midrange xsection.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,563
SM75 mid FR isn' flat without EQ, because there are response peak at around 1Khz. The mid is crossed over at 380hz with 2nd order high pass filter that would give 24dB/ octave slope. Using 4th order low pass filter for SB75-234 woofer will work but not that important since what ATC designer did was merely having correction of baffle step.

ATC Photos are of my SCM100s

The ATC internal photos are of my SCM100A restoration project and upgrade to SL Bass drivers and SEAS tweeters. I still have an Old Baffle set left over from my upgrade from Vifa to SEAS so if anyone needs to see photos of the whole process they are listed here I can probably get the baffles out and take rear shots if necessary.

http://flickr.com/photos/tanais/sets/72157600272689589/

Changing the Studio Tower in ATC 50

Hello TwangBar,

I own a pair of Proac Studio Tower from a long time and I´d like to improve the treble, changing the tweeters.
The design you have shown inthe forum changing the tweeter SS for the Seas Excel T25C-003 has excited me
and I would like to modify my Studio Towers myself. Would you mind provide me some help?
I only have a multimeter (it measures capacitors) and I don´t know If I can calculate the crossover.
Could you share the x-over for changing the Studio Tower in ATC 50 with me?
I would be so much grateful.
Many thanks in advance

Saludos

Hi Saludos,

Sorry for the late reply. To start with you can change the high pass to the following 18db network:

10R | 3.3uF | .22mH | 6.2uF

I used Solen caps and inductors.

I also changed the 5.6mH coil on the woofer to an Alpha-core foil inductor to get as much as I could out of it.... but I am afraid, they are expensive!

I did also some minor tweaks to the mid xover section but I will need to do up a diagram for you. Give me a little time and I will post it.

I am sure you will be happy with the changes.

~Scott

Hi:
Thank you for your attention.
I look forward to your kind cooperation. Share with me and the modification of Schamatic PROAC TOWER STUDIO.
Tell if you have read the recommendation of forero / co-worker "SPD" and MID recommended equalizing ATC SM75-150 at about 1 kHz. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27135&page=2
Thanks again and hang up your schematic epero.
"I'm Spanish" ignore words like English.
Greetings.
Manuel.

SCM100A tweeter wire colours

The ATC internal photos are of my SCM100A restoration project and upgrade to SL Bass drivers and SEAS tweeters. I still have an Old Baffle set left over from my upgrade from Vifa to SEAS so if anyone needs to see photos of the whole process they are listed here I can probably get the baffles out and take rear shots if necessary.

http://flickr.com/photos/tanais/sets/72157600272689589/

t.fox Do you remember which wire was which when you refurbed your 100s?
I recently removed the tweeters on my 100s to replace them, but (stupidly) didn't write down which colour wire went to the positive, yellow or white. I don't really want to remove one of the amps to find out. I had a look at the pics on your link, but still can't tell. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Hello TwangBar:
Thank you for your attention.
I look forward to your kind cooperation. Share with me and the modification of Schamatic PROAC TOWER STUDIO.
Tell if you have read the recommendation of forero / co-worker "SPD" and MID recommended equalizing ATC SM75-150 at about 1 kHz. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...t=27135&page=2
Thanks again and hang up your schematic epero.
"I'm Spanish" ignore words like English.
Greetings.
Manuel.

ATC SCM100 Loudspeaker Restoration - a set on Flickr
Very interesting to see your rebuild, but the internal bracing (or lack of much) is a bit disappointing.

t.fox Do you remember which wire was which when you refurbed your 100s?
I recently removed the tweeters on my 100s to replace them, but (stupidly) didn't write down which colour wire went to the positive, yellow or white. I don't really want to remove one of the amps to find out. I had a look at the pics on your link, but still can't tell. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Only just saw these replies sorry.

I don't sorry, however if you are still in a fix (after all this time I hope not!) then I will undo the tweeter to one and have a look...