Celestion Ditton 33 - just picked up a set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are really clean cosmetically and sound is pretty good but I think they are a bit too bright on the top and a bit too heavy on the bottom - at least compared with the Celestion DL8 which I have as my main speakers.

I'm trying to figure out between the two speakers, which was regarded as being better and more accurate. To me the DL8 sounds so but maybe I'm just used to a mellow top end and not a lot of bass ... and so maybe the Ditton series sounds inacurate but maybe its the DL8 which is too soft on the top and lacking in the bottom end.

So anyone know about these speakers who can chime in? Would they still be regarded as pretty decent sounding?

Here they are in all their old school glory.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.