Power distribution in three-way speaker systems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kilowatt, sorry I didn't get back to your question regarding the number of horns sooner. It looks like you have a fair grasp of the issues here. The power splits that I quoted are guidelines only, if you like chamber music it will be totally different than rap, just wanted to put in the caveat.
60/40 split (around 500Hz) would suggest that you would need 1.5 times the acoustic power for the bass than the mids/highs. Maybe 6 horns and 600W, though I always like to have my mids and tops idling even when the bass is flat out so I would go for the 8x800W.
Kilowatt, get the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook by Gary Davis and Ralph Jones. It costs less than $25 and will save you money!

Regarding a 3way split say 250Hz is the 40/60 point and 500 is the 60/40 point then between 250-500 would be 20% below would be 40% and above, you guessed it 40%. All explained in the book.
While I'm on the subject, can anyone suggest other references?

Regards WALKER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.