Bass cabinet design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked up a plunge router today so I'm starting on the dipole line array tomorrow. In the meantime I'm kicking around the idea (with much prodding by my girlfriend) of building a bass cabinet for my next project.

A bit of history: I used to play bass and haven't in a few years. The equipment I owned was Mesa Boogie, but I've played on a variety of stuff. I always liked the sound of of my 400+ and 2x15 stack, although I would've liked a little more punch (a 4x10 cab would have been perfect).

My knowledge of bass cab design for a bass guitar is pretty much non-existent. I know the drivers are different as are the designs. Browsing the Mesa Boogie site and reminiscing, I noticed they had something I hadn't seen before, a 4x10 + 1x15 in a single cab (http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PrintableB-Cabs.htm).

Does anyone have any insight they could offer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.