Besides Behringer what active crossover to look for

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know there are a lot of people that rave about the new Behringer crossover. With lots of options it's a pretty powerful tool I'm sure. But are there analog active crossovers particularly in the pro realm of things that are considered very good in sound quality?
If I were to look for maybe a used crossover what brands should I look for to get the best options and sound quality?

Thanks guys

Hi fazman

Take this for what it's worth because I've never used anything else, but I've been really happy with my Ashly XR2001. My first and lasting impression, and what I like about it the most is that it's extremely quiet - I can't tell that it's in the sytem in spite of what I'd heard about pro analogue crossovers. I like it alot.

That doesn't mean you should go out and buy one of course; YMMV and all that. :)

fazman said:
I know there are a lot of people that rave about the new Behringer crossover. With lots of options it's a pretty powerful tool I'm sure. But are there analog active crossovers particularly in the pro realm of things that are considered very good in sound quality?
If I were to look for maybe a used crossover what brands should I look for to get the best options and sound quality?

Thanks guys

depends on how much you want to spend,

1. I have a 2nd hand analog Behringer 3 ways, you can buy 2 or 3 ways on Ebay at very good price, $50-$150 each, sometimes cheaper. I am happy with them.

2. If you want to spend more, I heard, analog Rane, DBx, Marchand are all very good. no hands on experience with them though.

3. If you want to spend a little more new Behringer, DCX2496 digital x-over was sold for $216 plus postage, on Ebay, just bought one. 2nd hand ones are quickly snapped up.

I will then to go for digital one.

good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.