Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Fast, fun, Inexpensive OB project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2021, 06:07 AM   #2481
mccarty350 is offline mccarty350
diyAudio Member

Absolutely. I couldn't find my pair of pots so I included them in an order to buy a pair for front and back firing tweeters for my subsequent project and included a pair with the intent of using them for level matching in my next project with the tweeters (and then replacing with a resistor of the proper value) that I thought I might use to circle back and get more granular resistance values on these. I did manage to zero in to within an half ohm of where I want it and honestly, when I measure a lot of resistors they are off from 5-10% in tolerance to where a half ohm is really only a little bit more of a deviation than would be incurred just by crossover component variance. That said I likely still will do it it just has diminished importance in my project hierarchy. While I enjoy these and evaluate them the next few weeks I'll be assembling an h-frame 15" eminence alpha pair for use as a platform upon which to experiment with different mid or mid tweet combos.

The first application will be a pair of 12" Zenith 49cz1045 alnico units on h frames. Will feed the h frames with low frequencies via active crossover up to about 250hz . Above 250hz will be the Zenith running full range and then I will have a wired pair of supertweeters (horn loaded silk domes instead of compression/titanium/planar because I just prefer silk domes) that have a slightly higher efficiency than the Zenith. I will put a single 2uf cap inline on the tweeter to roll it off at 10k and will employ the lpads for level control on the tweeters.
Old 18th January 2021, 08:18 PM   #2482
mccarty350 is offline mccarty350
diyAudio Member

Default Completed Manzanitas

Photos attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (528.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 20210118_140531.jpg (861.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 20210118_140555.jpg (1,002.4 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by mccarty350; 18th January 2021 at 08:38 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #2483
Pano is online now Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Very nice, thanks for the pics!
  Reply to this post

Fast, fun, Inexpensive OB projectHide this!Advertise here!