Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?
Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22nd January 2003, 01:59 AM   #1
StylinLP is offline StylinLP
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix AZ
Default Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?

Is there a kit that performs in all the ways that the Dynaudio S.25 performs? THere sure has been alot of good reviews on this speaker lately. Down to 35 hz. wow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2003, 12:41 PM   #2
LaMa is offline LaMa
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NL
If you want to use dynaudio drivers it is impossible. Dynaudio doesn't deliver anymore to the DIY community, maybe old stock...
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 01:08 AM   #3
StylinLP is offline StylinLP
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix AZ
Default Build the same speaker with differant drivers

Anyone know of a speaker kit that offers the same equilivent speakers using differant drivers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 07:32 AM   #4
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?
Default Re: Build the same speaker with differant drivers

StylinLP ,

Have you got a link to the dynaaudio speaker?

And you wouldn't perchance have a Linn LP12/Basik/Grado sig would you?

Welcome to diyAudio.

dave
__________________
Stay safe. Stay home. Respect the 2m bubble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 05:12 PM   #5
StylinLP is offline StylinLP
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix AZ
Default Dynoaudio

Greetings Planet10. I'm a long time poster over at AudioAsylum and found this forum when I started to look into building my own Teres and speakers. I started a long thread over on the Analogue forum to build a costum Teres.

Yes, I did own an LP12 serial #41k, w/ Basik Plus and Grado Signature cart. I sold that 4 months ago to buy a NottingHam Interspace w/ Hyperspace platter. I sold that over the x-nas season because of finances. With my incometax returns I plan on building both speakers and turntable

No I don't have the Dynoaudio link. The speakers I wouldn't mind building would be something as good as them. Its either those or the ProAc 2.5 clones. Not sure which would be better. I don't suppose the Paradox 1's would be equlilivent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 05:41 PM   #6
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator
 
planet10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Victoria, BC, NA, Sol III
Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?
Default Re: Dynoaudio

Quote:
Originally posted by StylinLP
I did own an LP12 serial #41k, w/ Basik Plus and Grado Signature cart.
I think you bought that from me


Quote:
No I don't have the Dynoaudio link. The speakers I wouldn't mind building would be something as good as them. Its either those or the ProAc 2.5 clones. Not sure which would be better. I don't suppose the Paradox 1's would be equlilivent.
The ProAc clones get good press here by anyone who has built them. Not the kind of direction i usually go thou... i'm more out on the fringes.

dave
__________________
Stay safe. Stay home. Respect the 2m bubble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 07:17 PM   #7
leo_becking is offline leo_becking
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Netherlands
Default special 25 website

If you mean the Special 25 model of Dynaudio its on the dynaudio website e.g. here :

http://dynaudiousa.com/products/contour/spec25/s25.htm

I donīt think its based on earlier released drivers, so looking on the market fore unitīs may not help either.

nice tweeter still., and not so bulky as the T330
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newesotar.jpg (3.3 KB, 475 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2003, 07:21 PM   #8
StylinLP is offline StylinLP
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix AZ
Default Linn LP12

Hey. I enjoyed your LP12 for over a year here in Phoenix. I wanted to upgrade but $500 for cirkus kit and another $500 on Ittok II arm thats really rare to find made me decide to just sell the table and buy another. That Lp12 sure was a pleasure to enjoy all that time! I was going to just buy another newer LP12 with Ittok II allready installed. But couldnt find a good deal so went with the NottingHam Interspace. Great table
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2015, 06:40 AM   #9
Jamesblond is offline Jamesblond  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Jamesblond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Netherlands, Arnhem
I know this thread is ancient history by now. But I still want to chime in, all the same.

Currently I own a pair of pretty battered Special Twenty Five's. The drivers and electronics are pristine, but the cabinets are in bad shape. I really, really enjoy these speakers, so I'm going to clone them, to make them as new again and so they will last another decade or so, at least. I am in the final stages of drawing the cabinets and I've located a carpenter who's going to make a wood kit for me.

Although it's near impossible to get the original drivers, you should be able to get close to original performance when you use the MW175 and Esotar2-110, both originally targeted for the automotive market. Also, I think it might work with the t330d tweeter. You'll have to come up with a good cross-over yourself, though...

If anyone is interested in the drawings, please PM me. They're made with SketchUp.

James
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 06:34 AM   #10
Jamesblond is offline Jamesblond  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Jamesblond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Netherlands, Arnhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesblond View Post
I know this thread is ancient history by now. But I still want to chime in, all the same.

Currently I own a pair of pretty battered Special Twenty Five's. The drivers and electronics are pristine, but the cabinets are in bad shape. I really, really enjoy these speakers, so I'm going to clone them, to make them as new again and so they will last another decade or so, at least. I am in the final stages of drawing the cabinets and I've located a carpenter who's going to make a wood kit for me.

Although it's near impossible to get the original drivers, you should be able to get close to original performance when you use the MW175 and Esotar2-110, both originally targeted for the automotive market. Also, I think it might work with the t330d tweeter. You'll have to come up with a good cross-over yourself, though...

If anyone is interested in the drawings, please PM me. They're made with SketchUp.

James
That should be MW172, ofcourse.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Dynaudio S.25 DIY kit equlilivent?Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I try dynaudio d af 28 marcoc7245 Multi-Way 3 19th November 2014 06:50 PM
Dynaudio help ! stoN_Cold Multi-Way 8 1st February 2008 05:45 PM
Dynaudio D54's, Anyone know anything about these? speedemon Multi-Way 3 21st February 2007 12:55 PM
anyone on DYNAUDIO 30 W-100? keyser Subwoofers 5 8th November 2004 02:27 PM
Dynaudio D-52 Jere Multi-Way 37 8th October 2004 12:57 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2021 diyAudio
Wiki