bookshelf speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mike,

I just finished one side of the Swifty's - got to complete the other one. I briefly listened to it just to make sure the xover was right. I only used my Panasonic receiver to do this, so I can't really comment on the sound yet. But, it sounded pretty good. I will power them with a GC or T-Amp.

The price for the Swifty's is really good considering these were used in the $1000 Meadowlark speakers.

-Ken

Mike,

Pretty much finished the Swifty's today - finally. I've had the parts for almost a year and have been working on the cabs very, very slow - just not enough hours in the day. Here's a pic...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The initial sound is quite nice. I've noticed detail that I haven't heard with other low cost speakers. I haven't seen anyone else build these on this board or the PE board. It's a shame because I think they're being overlooked. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you decide to build these.

FYI, I'm running my PS1 (a/v out connector) through my modded SI t-amp.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

-Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.