Using the second input for L,R with Sub EQ

Hi I have a 7.3.0 set up and it is currently using a Mini DSP to time align and EQ my three subs,

As I have no way of crossing over the low frequencies that go to the mains I was thinking of simply using the second input from L or R (or both ?) to input 2

I can put a roll off on the input as my subs go up to 70Hz and my fronts go down to 30Hz, So I was thinking of adding everything below 35Hz to the Mini DSP and subs

So I was thinking of taking the analogue out from the processor and 'Y' cabling to both the power amp and the Mini DSP for L, R or both

My question is can I build a cable that mixed the L,R channels and shared the earth on the RCA without corrupting channel seperation or just use, L or R ?

Tks

Yes fronts are large I am using a modified Panasonic 9000 analogue out to naim AV2 then the output LFE gets connected to the Mini DSP HD input 1 this is then time aligned and EQ'd for the three subs

I have the rears/surround on small and centre on large. The subs are Perry flat across a 2m seating area and send great, I am thinking I might be missing some of the lower frequencies not sending some information to the subs. Panasonic won't / can't seem to tell me what frequencies are used when setting large / small

My Mini DSP HD is RCA in from the AV2, three RCA out to the subs

Sub 'pack' measured across the seating area, L is left seat, R is right seat, red is centre seat, black average

this is the subs before filtering in the Mini DSP, at the moment as I am only FLE and rears I have not put a filter on so probably losing a bit around 70-120 Hz if the cover is that high, hopefully its 80 Hz. At the For the fronts if I am just adding these in parallel I will add an input filter

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.25.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 21.25.51.png
    516.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
should work fine
you can use an advanced biquad PEQ on the input to LP filter the fronts signal
matrix mixer to send both inputs to the subs

btw: have you tried the simulation software multi sub optimiser? you should be able to really get great results with 3 subs and 2 fullrange fronts