DDRC-88D and IR Remote Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking at a DDRC-88D combined with an external D/A. I have never used any of the miniDSP products.

I'll be using it for main speakers and dual subs. What I would like to do is have two different configurations. One configuration would be for the speakers and the sub, the other configuration would remove the subs and just use the main speakers.

The sub config would have a crossover point for the subs, while the mains only config would send full bandwidth to the mains.

My questions is, can I store two different configs and can I switch between those two different configs with the IR remote?

Thanks, gabo

I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is interested. Yes you can switch between two configs with the IR remote, you can actually switch between 4 different configs.

But it does require the additional purchase of the DDRC-88BM base management plugin which is an additional $99US.

However, in a studio environment, this works out very well. I'm planning on using it to switch between a config with mains+subs, a config with mains only, a config with the nearfield monitors+subs, and a config with nearfield monitors only.

I can run DIRAC on each of these configs to include the room correction in each. It will all work out very nice.

I'm using the DDRC-88D due to the lower quality of the D/A converters in the MiniDSP products and using an Octo Research DAC8 for the D/A.

My recording interface has AES/EBU ouputs. So the config will be AES/EBU > DDRC-88D > DAC8 > Amps/Speakers.

gabo

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.