warning before you order at minidsp.com!

Just ordered an MCHStreamer directly so that I would have easy access to the firmware updating software. It arrived via DHL in less than a week. Package also contained both optical and header to stripped and tinned wire adapters. Very impressed, highly recommend not worrying about direct purchase.

I have also had an excellent experience when buying directly from them.

While if might not be the same in your country but at least in mine (Sweden) we can get the tariff waived if we return the product.

Nowadays MiniDSP products are available in stock for a lot of resellers so you don't have to order directly anymore.

Just got in trouble with a miniDSP 2x8 kit built about 2015 (board version from 2014):
  • No input signal seen on level monitor
  • No output signal
  • No spare parts anymore

The local miniDSP dealer helped a lot to verify that the system's audio part is dead (the digital and control part still works!), but he can't help!

So be aware of an unexpectedly shorter useful life time of your miniDSP product than you would have expected. Having to trash a system after ~6 years due to lack of spares is a NO GO! in my view!

Regards,
Winfried

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I got a hardware problem with a new MiniDSP Flex. After a mail explaining the problem to their support, they are shipping a new one and even ordered a DHL pickup to get the broken unit in return. Must admit I'm very happy with their support level!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user