Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 20th November 2019, 06:30 AM   #1
Johnsykes is offline Johnsykes  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Question Minidsp 4x10 and Nanodigi

Minidsp 4x10 and Nanodigi , i have them both , is it possible to connect them at the same time on a single Computer ( different usb port ) ?
Old 5th December 2019, 11:55 PM   #2
ellisaudio is offline ellisaudio  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't really have an answer, but I see a couple potential problems.

First, the 4x10 will only connect to USB for control purposes - not audio Streaming. Well, my reasonably current 4x10 HD will not accept a USB input for audio streaming.

Presumably you want to stream the same music to both DSP's at the same time ? If "yes", I suggest using a splitter such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/LiNKFOR-Digit...s%2C188&sr=8-2

Hopefully my comments help - even though I am not perfectly sure regarding your question.
Old 6th December 2019, 01:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi , i mean for configuration purpose, I use spdif for Šudio. The problem is they use the same port , 543 I think , that way I can't use both plugins at the same time.

Last edited by Johnsykes; 6th December 2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 6th December 2019, 02:07 PM   #4
ellisaudio is offline ellisaudio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsykes View Post
Hi , i mean for configuration purpose, I use spdif for Šudio. The problem is they use the same port , 543 I think .
Ahhh,

I am sorry, but I am not certain. I think "no". And, candidly, I wouldn't even try. You would run the risk of sending the desired configuration for one DSP to the wrong DSP.

I CAN offer that last week I did some comparisons between my 2x4 HD and 4x10 HD using the same computer. I was able to switch DSPs in less than 1 minute - normally. I had to restart my Laptop and reset the 4x10HD a few times, but I eventually found a sloppy USB socket on my laptop when communicating with my 4x10 HD. After supporting the wire gently, I don't have further restart necessities.

Last edited by ellisaudio; 6th December 2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 6th December 2019, 07:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

i think the solution must be changing the port on the plug in , how i dont know

Minidsp 4x10 and NanodigiHide this!Advertise here!