looking for ADC design\board to integrate with the USBStreamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!

I am working on a 4 Channels, Instrument inputs - USB Audio Interface
Currentlly I am working on the Digital section,
I ordered the USB Streamer for the USB-I2S conversion, now I am looking for ADC design (Stereo\Quadro) channels that can work with the USBStreamer I2S lines..
Currently, I've got the Sparkfun PCM1803A Breakout but it doesn't have the Master **** (MCLK) input. Is that saying that I cannot work with it?
I Tried to connect the PCM1803A but I got a really noisy signal so I think maybe they can work together?Noisy signal PCM1803A USB STREAMER

Btw. I have limited dimensions so please, if you know tiny boards like that Sparkfun board that will be great

Any suggestion will be helpful
Thank you

I think you have to desolder the crystal oscillator from the PCM1803A board and hook up the MCLK to pin 15 of the PCM1803A IC.

The USBstreamer can only work as an I2S master and the PCM1803A can work as an I2S slave. The PCM1803A requires a system clock (SCKI, pin 15) at an exact multiple of 128 times the sample rate. When the USBstreamer is the master, it sets the sample rate and it also has to supply the system clock for the PCM1803A. The MCLK output of the USBstreamer provides that.

The mode bits of the PCM1803A have to be set to 00, otherwise it tries to work as an I2S master instead of an I2S slave. The FMT bits have to be set to FMT1 = 0 and FMT0 = 1. Fortunately, the mode and FMT bits are connected to a header.

Hi Marcel, Thank you!
I will try to desolder the crystal oscillator and connect the MCLK from the USBstreamer.
and thanks for the tip about the mode bits.
I will try that and let you know if that work ok.

the real problem is that the SparkFun PCM1803A no longer available,
Do you know any other A/D board with I2S that can work with the USBStreamer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.