Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 29th September 2018, 01:17 AM   #11
soorb77 is offline soorb77  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I did som digging on google and found this guide if you want to go the route CharlieLaub talks about.

Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff
Old 17th December 2018, 03:34 PM   #12
bencat is offline bencat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I use a MiniDSP 2-4 HD unit as the digital crossover and the filter for a pair of active speakers . I would not have the skill to do what this unit does using software .

Recently I upgrade by adding the DIRAC Live plug in and i have to say this not only greatly improves and finesses the sound but is really simple to use.

I have been so impressed that I have converted a pair of 1976 KEF 103 Reference speakers to active and they sound truly amazing .

What is very good about the unit including the DIRAC Live is that you can put it in to a pair of passive crossover speakers (active would mostly be be better again but i could not make my QUAD ESL57 speakers active just too difficult) and use the DIRAC room DSP facility that way .

Just as a little side information MiniDSP are going to be issuing DIRAC Live 2 version early in the new year which not only has sonic advances but is also even easier to set up .

MiniDSP or something better...Hide this!Advertise here!