MiniDSP project box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This may not be the right section for this, but I'm taking a shot in the dark.

I'm looking to buy a custom enclosure for my MiniDSP 2x4 balanced (which I still need to acquire so if you have one for sale let me know), that matches better with my stereo equipment.

Basically I'm looking to find a decent looking 17 inch wide x 7 inch (or more) deep x 4 inch (give or take) project box to use as the enclosure.

It will have both RCA and XLR input jacks on the back (which then connect to the phoenix adapters and the minidsp) and 4 XLR outputs (which like the inputs connect internally to the minidsps phoenix adapters). On the front it will have a nuetrick USB port and a power switch.

I plan to try and adapt the 12v wallwart internally to use a IEC connector on the back panel to use things that way.

The goal of the MiniDSP is to allow for customization of a shelf filter for my dual subs I'm working on building.

Anyway, if you know of a decent source for a project box/enclosure let me know. I wasn't super impressed with Parts Express's selection, and Hammond didnt have anything that looked good either.

This box will be either above, below or between a set of Crown XLS 2000 pro amps, so it needs to look decent, but I also dont want to pay a arm and a leg for the enclosure either.

Thank you!

The 1U appears to be too small internally, but the 2U looks quite nice and has enough height with some room to spare. Now I just need to figure out the depth I need, and if I need a baseplate and/or fully vented covers, and if 4mm for the front plate is enough or if I want to go with the 10mm.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help!

The 1U is a nice size for what you are looking to do. ;)

The nuts that secure the top and bottom panel slide into slots in the side panels. After positioning them properly, a little dab of glue holds them in place. If you you pop the top to make changes, it will be easier to install top panel.

I'm a fan of HiFi 2000/Modushop. I purchased and my DAC chassis machined there.

Attachments

• 20170311_234429_resized.jpg
    20170311_234429_resized.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 20170311_220846_resized.jpg
    20170311_220846_resized.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 20170311_234157_resized.jpg
    20170311_234157_resized.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
The 1U is a nice size for what you are looking to do. ;)

LOL... thanks Rich. I will post a "finished" built thread on this once we get it up and running.

Here and another couple places (Polk, AVSForum, etc).

I will also give you a link to the photobucket album of all the pics in case you want a copy for your own use for posteritys sake.

Thank you again for your help with this. It wouldn't have turned out ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD without your assistance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.