nanoDIGI 2-Way System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Taking the plunge into DSP & active X-Overs. Gotta a plan and hoping for feedback. Attempting an active X-Over, high-end, 2-way, bi-amped speaker system.

Here's the plan:

Mini fanless PC (MediaMonkey - USB 2.0 out) --> USB to SPDIF converter --> nanoDIGI --> 2 Peachtree Audio DAC-ITs (Asynchronous 24-bit/192kHz) - 2 tube amps (1 tweeters & 1 woofers) --> diy 2-way speakers

1. Of the miniDSP products, is the nanoDIGI my best option for this application?

2. What USB to SPDIF or I2S converter is best for hi-end sound in this application? USBStreamer, miniStreamer or something like the Luckit WaveIO card?

3. Will jitter be a concern & if so, what to do?
Thanks

I am using a similar setup -- different components.

Foobar2000 >> USB >> Topping C10 >> SPDIF >> nanoDIGI >> Topping D20 >> amps.

I am currently crossing a Dayton RSS315HF-4 to a Mark Audio Alpair A7M.3. 4th order LR on the Dayton, Bessel on the A7 at 250Hz. Amps are Crown XLS200 on the Dayton, Yaun Jing TDA3116D2 on the A7.

I am in the bits-are-bits camp. There is no signal degradation until you reach the DAC's. As long as you are using WASAPI or ASIO for your computer output, your soundcard is bypassed and irrelevant. Any jitter issues are dependent on the quality of your DAC's. In modern DAC's, jitter is pretty much a non-issue.

Bob

just rx’d the nanodigit, and did a quick 2+2 satellites ‘n
subs set-up @ 200hz. using a lavry d11 DAC up top, and an
auralic vega below. in the vega’s exact clock mode,
which’ll give a lot of drop-outs if the source isn’t low
jitter enough, the nano’s digital out had none. listening
to the satellites (jbl studio530s, w/580s, corner-loaded, below),
while paused, at listening levels, had no detectable hiss.
umik-1 arrives tomorrow. :Pirate: cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.