Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 15th February 2016, 07:54 PM   #161
sskloss is offline sskloss  United States
diyAudio Member

Possibly 1 IC per set of two outputs, as I am not sure how much current the board draws total. By 'sheilding' in my previous post, i meant isolation from noise within the car.
Old 2nd November 2016, 03:44 PM   #162
marc brown is offline marc brown  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
Surely there are more than three of us who want/need more gain for their amps...
This is awesome. I'd like to buy a board or two, if they're still available. Before I do, I'd like to run my use case past you and see if it makes sense.

I'm building an integrated amplifier with four channels of MyRef RevC amplification. Within my integrated amp, I plan to use a miniDSP 2x4, kit version, as an electronic crossover. I'm using a Twisted Pear Darwin to handle input selection. Output from the Darwin will feed a Pass DIY B1 buffer which will feed the miniDSP 2x4. The outputs from the miniDSP will feed my four channels of amplification.

Reading about the miniDSP, I've been hearing cases of distortion and overdriving of its outputs. Your board seems to be the perfect solution to these problems.
Old 12th February 2019, 12:03 PM   #163
rvdandekar is offline rvdandekar
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Very nice build. I am facing similar issue.

1. Is there any way of changing the schematic to use 15-0-15 center tapped transformer. I understand that as-is this cannot work with single transformer.

2. Is it best to remove RCA connectors from MiniDSP board and solder the cables directly onto it?

4-channel gain stage with DC-servo for MiniDSPHide this!Advertise here!