4-channel gain stage with DC-servo for MiniDSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Surely there are more than three of us who want/need more gain for their amps...

This is awesome. I'd like to buy a board or two, if they're still available. Before I do, I'd like to run my use case past you and see if it makes sense.

I'm building an integrated amplifier with four channels of MyRef RevC amplification. Within my integrated amp, I plan to use a miniDSP 2x4, kit version, as an electronic crossover. I'm using a Twisted Pear Darwin to handle input selection. Output from the Darwin will feed a Pass DIY B1 buffer which will feed the miniDSP 2x4. The outputs from the miniDSP will feed my four channels of amplification.

Reading about the miniDSP, I've been hearing cases of distortion and overdriving of its outputs. Your board seems to be the perfect solution to these problems.

Hello,

Very nice build. I am facing similar issue.

1. Is there any way of changing the schematic to use 15-0-15 center tapped transformer. I understand that as-is this cannot work with single transformer.

2. Is it best to remove RCA connectors from MiniDSP board and solder the cables directly onto it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.