BBM Rotary MiniDIGI/DSP Input Selector Switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am sure this has been covered elsewhere and if so please link to the thread.

I made this thread as a reference for anybody using the same kit combo to be able to buy the correct switch at a reasonable cost from an international supplier.

I have read the miniDIGI manual and understand how the process will work (correct me If I wrong) but I want to find the correct switch to do the job.

The switch needs to be:
a) 2 Gang
b) 6 Position (eg...4x Digital + 2 x Analogue)
c) Break Before Make (BBM)
d) 5/6mm(Dia) (~20mm(L)) Shaft

The idea is to have one gang doing the input selection whilst the second gang selects between digital and analogue.

Has anybody found/know of the correct switch to do this?

Cheers
Dean

PS. I will post pictures of the switch setup if and when I find it.

Last edited:
The idea with the Digital/analogue selection on the second gang is to simply bridge the first 4 tabs for digital and bridge the last 2 for analogue. So as the first gang is choosing the input the second gang will make/hold the digital/analogue selection.

Again, correct me if am wrong or If anybody has a better idea?

Cheers
Dean

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The Lorlin switch will work fine (2 pole, BBM!). You should use short wires, since the cables will carry the SPDIF/I2S signal and long cables may be bad for signal integrity.
Please note that analog/digital switching as described in the miniDIGI manual will only work for the 2x4 range (not 2x8 or 8x8)!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.