Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

miniDSP Low cost, modular Digital Signal Processor (DSP) kits for the DIYer from miniDSP.

Old 24th October 2014, 02:26 PM   #41
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidsp View Post
Sure, you can indeed use the USBStreamer as PC based crossover. Been done many times already. Just need a software that's able to output as ASIO or WDM then connect your DACS to the I2S out.That's all. :-)

As for the software choice, that's under your responsibility. The features you're looking for (locking on SPDIF, changing coeff, etc..) Not sure if they exist to be honest.. Let us know if you find one that does all of it though. Would be a neat application.

DevTeam
What happen if some xcover s/w e.g ultimate equalizer only support wasapi can it recognizes the usbstreamer, I suspect not. Will it ( Wasapi)be supported by usbstreamer in future?
Old 2nd November 2014, 04:50 PM   #42
HpW is offline HpW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
What happen if some xcover s/w e.g ultimate equalizer only support wasapi can it recognizes the usbstreamer, I suspect not. Will it ( Wasapi)be supported by usbstreamer in future?
Using the v1.65 drivers:

- ASIO capture: one device with 10 Channels (8 * I2S, 2 & SPDIF)

- ASIO render: one device with 10 Channels (8 * I2S, 2 & SPDIF)

- WASAPI capture: one device with 8 Channels I2S, one device with SPDIF 2 channels

- WASAPI render: one device with 8 Channels I2S, one device as SPDIF 2 channels

keep in mind that ASIO & WASAPI may not mixed for capture & rendering.

Hp
Old 17th November 2014, 04:52 PM   #43
iplaydrums is offline iplaydrums
diyAudio Member

Holy !@#$. Can someone please get this into an affordable audio interface or mixer? The only thing that can record multiple tracks out via USB under $300 is the alesis Multitrack 8/16 USB 2.0 versions and they are discontinued. The new versions got rid of that feature and only output in stereo via usb!!! How else is my band going to record all at the same time with everyone getting their own separate track using usb straight to a laptop/DAW?
Old 29th December 2014, 08:12 PM   #44
HpW is offline HpW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydrums View Post
How else is my band going to record all at the same time with everyone getting their own separate track using usb straight to a laptop/DAW?
Well, may look for a MADI solution (like RME), while may to many channels are involved for the USB2 interface..

Hp
Old 28th March 2015, 02:03 AM   #45
bloodfromastone is offline bloodfromastone
diyAudio Member

Using the TOSLINK input, does the USBStreamer perform any resampling on the input, or is it received by the computer exactly at the source rate?
Old 28th March 2015, 08:42 AM   #46
HpW is offline HpW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfromastone View Post
Using the TOSLINK input, does the USBStreamer perform any resampling on the input, or is it received by the computer exactly at the source rate?
If you are using ASIO as the driver interface, no SR conversion will take place.

Using MMS/WDM driver interface, this depends on the used MS Windows OS!

Using XP there is no issue, but using Windows Vista or newer; SR conversion will NOT happen using WASAPI Exclusive mode.

Keep in mind that 192kHz input is may not able to sync do the large jitter. May you have to build a pcb using an external SPDIF receiver and feed the master clock and I2S to the USB Streamer.

Hp
Old 28th March 2015, 07:36 PM   #47
bloodfromastone is offline bloodfromastone
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HpW View Post
If you are using ASIO as the driver interface, no SR conversion will take place.
Linux . If ASIO doesn't under windows, though, ALSA won't (or, at least, can be reconfigured not to if it does by default).
Old 13th May 2015, 10:06 PM   #48
rolfs is offline rolfs  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HpW View Post
Keep in mind that 192kHz input is may not able to sync do the large jitter. May you have to build a pcb using an external SPDIF receiver and feed the master clock and I2S to the USB Streamer.
I have seen some of such Receivers / Transmitters for USB <-> I2S on ebay, but I wonder if they have better capabilities in Terms of jitter rejection.

I am searching such a device for multichannel USB-> S/PDIF possibly in 192kHz as coax to be used as an ADAT replacement. I know a guy from Germany having done this but he does not sell :-(

Is there any other stable System out?
Old 3rd November 2016, 03:28 AM   #49
canvas is online now canvas  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Sorry to bring up this old thread. Can someone confirm that USBStreamer can work on Pi 3 + Volumio or Rune player? I am going to build a pi player with digital crossover capability.
Old 3rd November 2016, 03:50 AM   #50
aterren is offline aterren  United States
diyAudio Member

The Sure Electronic RBR5 module has promising specs but it isn't available.

USBStreamer multichannel USB audio interfaceHide this!Advertise here!