MiniDSP 2x8 in a box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings MiniDSP fans.

I have a MiniDSP-2x4-in-a-box which is very useful as a development tool.
Are there any plans to make an equivalent MiniDSP-2x8-in-a-box?
Would be great for developing 3 ways.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

There is as far as I know indeed such a product planned and it's already in the printed information materiel one gets with stuff shipped from MiniDSP. Last thing I saw they were working on the boxes so it's probably not ready for ordering.

I think most people will want to use the minidsp to control volume , if you have

cdplayer--->minidsp--->amplifiers

The minidsp is the only place you can turn volume down or up at once.
One of my amps Cambridge audio 740a doesn even have motor on the volume button , maybe that will be more expensive than having a motor on the volume button , any solution will be good.

Source selection allows you not to have to have the PC on if you want to change source, but that is not that important if cost rises too much.

Last edited:
@ All,
Remote control front panel (IR+Encoder), LED indication and even a new I/O card for the rear... Check out here for more info:
Forum | miniDSP

That's basically what we've been up to for the past few weeks to add value to the 2x8/8x8 boxed unit. For those of you already owner of a miniDSP 2x8/8x8, you can actually source these accessories separately.

More info to follow up shortly as we're aiming at Early/Mid April for the large batch of boxed units to arrive.

DevTeam

Hi Devteam,

well, well, it looks like the dream is about to come !

so now he have (or soon will have) the digi-fp to connect digital gears, an encoder and IR board to select presets and switch inputs...

what next will be ? something like a motherboard to plug (multiple) sharc dsp modules on it ?

I'm putting some money aside from now :)

Best regards from France
Jean-Claude

That's basically what we've been up to for the past few weeks to add value to the 2x8/8x8 boxed unit. For those of you already owner of a miniDSP 2x8/8x8, you can actually source these accessories separately.

While that stuff will undoubtedly be useful for some, it strikes me that the one thing that would be useful for people planning to use it as I am (6 channels for biamped mains, 2 to EQ either flanking subs or surrounds) is the front-mounted USB jack.

@ Pallas,

By front panel USB mount, do you mean this one? Front panel USB | miniDSP
It's been added to our shopping cart help system implementation. Hoping this answers your needs.

It would be great to have that either built-in or as an option to the forthcoming 8x8 in-a-box. Not essential, by any means, but would be nice.

I have a feeling, with Erich's SEOS stuff coming on stream, you'll have a lot of demand for the 8x8 miniDSP-in-a-box from people doing multichannel audio or home theater systems, who need crossover/EQ (and maybe matrix routing for subwoofers). Especially when people compare the costs of high quality passive parts (not fancy brands, just solid stuff like poly caps and air core inductors) with the miniDSP and appropriate amplification...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.