Loaded .xml file for different miniDSP plugin and now the plugin doesn't work anymore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I bought and downloaded the most recent 2.1-way advanced plugin from the miniDSP site. It started up normally. Then I tried loading the .xml file from an older version of the 2.1-way plugin (not advanced). The program said the settings were loaded succesfully, but immediately after I got the following message:

!!warning!!
Error input: Missing biquad value(s).
Please re-enter.

When I click on the okay button under the message, nothing happens. When I restart the program, I get the same problem. I tried re-installing the plugin, but that doesn't work either.

What should I do?

Btw, three weeks ago I emailed the above message to miniDSP, but I didn't get any response. Last week I sent a reminder, to ask if the problem was taken under consideration, but I still haven't received an answer. I know the miniDSP-team doesn't like handling the same problem through different communication channels, but I just don't know how else to reach you.

I've been able to configure the miniDSP board using a borrowed laptop, but of course I'd like it to work on my own machine as well!

Thanks in advance.

@ Keyser,

Actually, you shouldn't be able to load the plug-in from an older version (non advanced). Not sure why it allowed you but in any way that will mess things up since these are not the same plug-ins (i.e. not the same structure).The easiest is to open the 2way advanced - > System settings- > Restore to default.

Then when connected click "Restore to default". This should get you up and running again. Did you can email us at info@minidsp.com? We can't see any similar emails in our inbox last week or even down to few months ago (we have all on a system for ticket). I don't know the reason why we didn't get your email but we typically answer within 48-72h so that's quite odd. In any ways, we're sorry that you couldn't get in touch with us and feel free to contact us by email, it's easier to handle a case.

DevTeam

Hi,

The above email was mailed to orders@minidsp.com - as through this email address I had contact with you before. I'll remember to email to the info@ address the next time I might have a problem.

Anyway, whenever I start up the program now, it doesn't run but shows this same message every time. After clicking the "OK" button nothing happens. This means I can't restore to default. Re-installing the program didn't change any of this.

Hello,

Not sure where you got this address from but we don't use any "orders@minidsp.com" address so that might be the reason you're not hearing from us... :) info@minidsp.com is the only address we're using.

Easiest is to do as follow:
- Close all plug-ins
- Go to your MyDocuments - > MiniDSP - > There should be a folder with the plug-in name (2way Adv). Delete that whole folder
- Restart your miniDSP 2way advanced (latest version)

This should reset your system

DevTeam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.