miniDSP 2x4, a new home for miniDSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Introducing miniDSP 2x4! This tiny size processor powered by miniDSP technology has a in a high grade aluminum finish. The perfect fit for those of you looking for a plug&play crossover/custom filter processor.
Gold plated connectors, optional DC power supply on terminal block, fully CE/FCC/ROHS compliant product, a great deal for 125USD only!

More info available on miniDSP.com website at following link.

miniDSP, a pocket size DSP engine with big sound!

DevTeam

Pete,

Wrong wording on my part which I can see could lead to confusion:
miniDSP 2x4 comes in 2 versions: One with USB power only, one with DC input and USB input. The DC input is on a 5mm, Phoenix connector style terminal block and PSU is to be provided by end users (not included in cost). It's basically designed for those of you who want to use their power supply vs a DC supply.

After running many tests on the Audio Precision with different USB chargers and external DC supply, we couldn't see any major difference on the specs of the board. Hence the reason that we don't have any real needs for recommending an external supply since it doesn't seem to add much to it. In the mean time, we can understand those of you who prefer it, so we still provide it as an option.

Hope this makes sense,

Henry,

miniDSP is a digital crossover, so if what you're looking for is a crossover, with Equalization and time alignment, then yes miniDSP would fit your project.
Have a look at miniDSP forum for an example of a open baffle project. Someone already used it for that matter.

I'd recommend that you have a read at our website. It's literally full of information, application notes, projects by the community. Can't think how you wouldn't be able to figure the information you need.

DevTeam

Hello Randy,

Thanks for your positive comments,
Not sure I fully understand what you mean, but I guess that you want to control the routing of input 1 to certain output. Currently, the easiest way to do so would be:
- using the 4way plug-in, you'll have a 1x4 configuration where you can select the Left OR right input.

or if you need more flexibility,

- using the mixer plug-in, you can really decide which input goes to which output. A true matrix mixer.

Hope this answers your question,

DevTeam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.