redirect light for commercial projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all..i have an infocus lp620,with blown lamp and destroyed ballast....i have the lampcheck disabled, just need to know if theres any possible way to direct enough light from a bt28 250w mh bulb (like a small street lamp)...i have the pj out of its plastic case and get a faint image from shining my led spotlamp in it...any help is greatly appreciated,,as are any suggestions for other affordable light engines that will get the job done!! thanks!
Kyle

I think the arc on the MH is too big. As it is a DLP, you will have to get the maximum light into the light tunnel. The best way would be to find where the arc position would be originally if the original lamp was installed. Then use a lens to converge the light to that point.

K thanks! thats kinda what i thought ill probly buy a burner for the original reflector and try to find a ballast to run it, i just want the thing up and running as cheap as i can as it seems to be a great little pj that was otherwise going in the trash!
thanks again for your time!

Kyle

Don't trash it. It's a lovely projector. I think you should try the guys at LumenArc. I enquired about a ballast and they seem to stock a few for different projectors or they may be able to source one for you. BTW, how do youknw that the bulb and ballast both are faulty. Could it not be one but not the other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.