dell e153 ffc issue...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I'm trying to extend the dell e153 FFC and wanted a little help finding the right cable (maybe from mouser? whatever is cheapest/best/easiest)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here are the pictures of the ffc, is 20 pin but less are actually used. I would love some help on where and what I need to buy.

Thanks

-spy

can anyone tell me if that white connector in the first picture is a zif vertical or right angle or maybe something else?

The reason I ask is that there was a black clamp on top that would swivel down and clamp the ffc cable down... but that thing was so delicate that it broke. I basically want to order another connector and use the swivelling clamping part from it to replace the broken one.

If I cannot do this....what do y'all suggest? pour hot glue on top?

Thanks for any advice

-spybld

A zif is a zero insertion force socket. In a Zif there is usualy a little peice of plastic you have to lift up, then the ffc will come out easily. Since the socket is at a right angle to the PCB that means its a right angle socket, however, I am not sure that you need this info to extend the cable.

sound_prodigy said:
A zif is a zero insertion force socket. In a Zif there is usualy a little peice of plastic you have to lift up, then the ffc will come out easily. Since the socket is at a right angle to the PCB that means its a right angle socket, however, I am not sure that you need this info to extend the cable.

Thanks for the explanation, the reason I ask is that it is that very same little piece of plastic that is broken for me... so now when I insert a cable into the connector, it won't stay there for long. I was hoping that if I bought another connector, I could use that part from it ... but I dunno. Any ideas on how to get it to stay in the socket without the plastic piece?

-spy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.